The Assam Agricultural University is unique in that it was the first institution of its sort in India’s whole North-Eastern region. Its primary goal is to develop skilled human resources for the agriculture sector who are prepared to conduct research to increase production efficiency in both established and cutting-edge fields. Additionally, it works to spread the developed technology as a public good, improving the welfare of food producers, dealers, and farmers alike. Focusing on sustainability, equity, and household food security, this goal is pursued. The following faculties at Assam Agricultural University have originally included a variety of colleges.
Faculty of Agriculture
- Three colleges under the agriculture faculty, College of Agriculture located at Jorhat based in 1948,
- Biswanath College of Agriculture/ BNCA at Biswanath Chariali about 250 km from Jorhat, was launched in 1988.
- Founded in 2010, Sarat Chandra Sinha College of Agriculture (SCSCA) at Bahalpur, Assam.
Faculty of Agriculture Offered Degree Courses are:
- B. Sc. (Hons) Agriculture (8 Semesters)
- M. Sc. (4 Semesters)
- M. Sc. in Food Technology (4 Semesters)
- MBA Agri Business 4 Semesters
- Ph. D. in Agriculture 6 semesters
Other Faculties of the University are Given Below:
- Faculty of Veterinary Science
- Faculty of Community Science
- Faculty of Fisheries Science
- Faculty of Horticulture
- Faculty of Sericulture
Note – Students can get detailed information about these faculties and their members on the official website at “http://www.aau.ac.in/“.
Assam Agricultural University Selection and Admission Procedure 2023
- All candidates need to apply by the prescribed date.
- The Admission entrance test and schedule of admission cum counseling will be notified through the official website of the university.
- The entrance exam will be conducted across Assam in selected centres.
- As per the regulation, the selection and admission process of candidates will be based on merit.
- In services, candidates need to submit their release order or no objection certification from the qualified authority to pursue higher studies in the university.
- Physical education admission will be subject to the medical fitness of the students, stated as such by the practitioner.
- The candidate needs to pay the fee in digital mode. In case of payment failure, the seat allotted to the candidate will be forfeited and the seat will be a lot to the next student as per the merit list.
- For the latest update and admission process all students are advised to check the official website daily.