Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University, Pusa established on 7th October 2017. The university was formed by converting Rajendra Agricultural University, Established in 1970 by the government of Bihar. It is a historical place where the idea of further education and agricultural research was started. The British Government established the Agricultural Research Institute and College in Pusa in 1905 to address the recurring food scarcity in the country.
The university plays a vital role in research, teaching, and extension services in agriculture and allied sciences. Its jurisdiction and responsibilities extend to the entire country, with a particular focus on the state of Bihar. The university is dedicated to promoting agriculture and allied sciences and has gained a reputation for excellence.
The total no. of faculties in the university is five, in the disciplines of Agriculture Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Humanities, home science, basic science, and Agricultural engineering. Apart from this the university also provides fisheries and an institute of dairy technology.
Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University currently provides six undergraduate courses, 4 Ph.D. courses and 14 postgraduate courses. 2 years MBA professional course is also available here. Check more details on the official website.
The university achieved so many awards at the national level, Ranked in the 10th position in India Today-MDRA University ranking for the year 2020 and on 9th rank in 2021 among Government universities.
Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University Admission Process 2023
- Students must apply through E-mail in a single PDF only and by speed post. Students need to submit their duly filled registration application form along with Demand Draft in favour of the university. Self-attested documents need to send to [email protected].
- All students need to check the brochure for more details about the required documents for admission.
- The final step is candidates need to submit the application fee and then their admission will be successful. The application fee will not be refundable under any condition.
- For more details and admission updates, all candidates are advised to check the official website daily at “https://www.rpcau.ac.in/“.
Documents Required For Admission:
- Candidates Need to Submit Final Year Marks Such as Transcripts of School Final/ Marksheet/ Certificate.
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Certificate of Experience
- Two Passport-size Photographs