In 2007 at Venkataramannagudem near Tadepalligudem in West Godavari District, the Andhra Pradesh government established Dr.Y.S.R. Horticultural University. The university is the second Horticultural University in the nation. Andhra Pradesh is one of the renowned leaders in the production of oil palm, mango, chilies, turmeric, sweet orange, and papaya and the second-best producer of spices and fruits richly deserves a Horticultural University to improve productivity maintaining the productivity and commercialization of Horticulture of Andhra.
Dr.Y.S.R. Horticultural University formerly known as Andhra Pradesh Horticultural University is a state university. In the 2007-2008 academic year, three new colleges of horticulture were inaugurated, one each at Venkataramannagudem in West Godavari District, Mojerla Mahbubnagar District, and Anantharajupet in Kadapa District.
The Undergraduate and post-graduation educational courses offered at Rajendra Nagar, Hyderabad from the 2007-08 academic year onwards, under Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University were also brought into the fold of Andhra Pradesh Horticultural University.
The University’s mission is:
- Education for Human Resource Development
- Based on demands, carry out research
- Distribution of reliable, research-developed technology
Dr.Y.S.R. Horticultural University Admission Process 2023:
- For 2023 admission in Dr.Y.S.R. Horticultural University, All students need to complete the application form that is available on the official website of the university at “https://drysrhu.ap.gov.in/“.
- Now download the university prospectus before filling out the admission form read the prospectus carefully. You can get the prospectus at the university’s campus or on the official website of the university.
- Now fill out the Dr. YSR Horticultural University admission form with all the required documents.
- The admission form fee is Rs. 1500 for General category students and Rs. 750 for SC, PH (Differently Abled candidates) & ST. The payment must be made through online mode to the university account or through DD.
Dr.Y.S.R. Horticultural University Admission Important Facts 2023:
Kindly note these things while getting admission to Dr.Y.S.R. Horticultural University for the 2023 batch.
A passing grade on the two-year Intermediate examination provided by the Board of Intermediate Education, A.P or any different exam deemed to be equivalent by the university or Board of Intermediate Education with the following topics, specifically:
1. Physical Sciences
2. Biological or Natural Sciences
Candidates must need to complete 17 years of age on 31st December 2022 with an upper age limit of 22 years or all candidates for admission to these courses. 25 years for SC and ST students and 27 years for physically challenged candidates.
- The selection of students for all the seats will be decided on the basis of ranks by the students in AP EAPCET 2023. The selection of candidates is based on merit, region, presidential order, and social status. Only state-level rank will be considered. Seat allotment will be complete during the open manual counseling process.
- The outlet and dates for the counseling will be notified later in websites/Newspapers.
- Only candidates will receive a call for counseling for seat allocation based on merit and those who submit an application form with all enclosures including a receipt for the application fee and Original certificates.
All candidates must have and submit original certificates while enrolling in college. The following original certifications must be submitted by the admitted candidates at the time of admission:
- Pass certificate-cum-Memorandum of Marks obtained by candidates in the qualifying exam (Intermediate)
- APEAPCET-2023 Hall Ticket & Rank Card
- Certificate from SSC or a similar exam.
- For backward classes/Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled castes, the community certificate is compulsorily signed by the competent authority.