In 1997 the UGC-approved Dravidian University was established by Andhra Pradesh Government. It Ranked in 9th place in the swachh campus ranking at the national level. The university started in 1997 with only 2 departments in 1999, now grown into a strong institution with 4 centers and 27 academic departments.
The Dravidian university is open to all individuals irrespective of caste, gender, religion, or place of birth. The university focuses on national integration and the integrated development of the student personality through courses and policies. Latest and disseminate learning, experience, and knowledge, and by a diversity of means including the use of new and cutting-edge communication technologies.
Dravidian University Admission Process 2023
- Instructions for filling out the application form of Dravidian University for the 2023 batch:
- All students need to go to the official website of the university at “https://www.dravidianuniversity.ac.in/“ and download the prospectus before filling out the application form.
- For every course, a separate form is required.
- General category students need to pay 500 INR and 250 INR for Differently abed candidates, SC and ST.
- The payment mode of the application fee will be in the form of DD in favor of Dravidian University.
- The application form needs to fill in English language with only capital letters.
- All the information must be filled in boxes, one alphabet needs to write in each box.
- Subject Codes Choice – All subjects have been given a two-letter code.
- There will be two groups.
- Group 1- Linguistics/Philosophy/Folklore/History/Social Work/Library Science.
- Group 2- Bio-Chemistry/Biotechnology.
- For both groups, students need to clear Common Entrance Test. For admission, consideration will be given depending o the subjects covered in the qualifying degree.
Note: No Entrance Test is required for admission in Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, and P.G Diploma.
Refund of Fee
The registration fee will not be readjusted or refunded to any program. The full tuition fee will refund if any candidate cancels his admission before the closure of the admission schedule.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Students:
- For B.Sc. course admission, computer science combinations, All students must study mathematics at the qualifying examination.
- Admission to a B.Sc., Degree Course with Zoology/ Biology/ Biochemistry/Microbiology/Sericulture/Bio-Technology as one of the subjects under part -II students must have passed Physics, Chemistry, and Biology into the qualifying examination.
- For B.Com course admission priority will be given to those students who have passed Commerce/Arts subjects in the qualifying examination.
- For admission into the BBA, program priority will be given to candidates who passed the commerce subject in the qualifying exam though all students are eligible.
Dravidian University Placement Cell:
The university placement cell is good they provide several placement opportunities in big firms like Kotak and HP on a stipend basis for interns.