The Popular University of Assam State, Gauhati University Was Established in 1948. It is One of the Oldest and Strong Universities in India. The Purpose of the Establishment of This University Was to Provide Higher Education to the Original Inhabitants of the State of Assam and This University Also Fulfilled This Responsibility Well. This University Has Also Done Well to Give a Height to the Language, Literature and Culture of Assam Through Higher Education. Today This University is One of the Most Popular Universities in India and Has Also Become the First Choice of Students of Assam.
The University Has Potential and Scope for Excellence. It is Urgent to Identify Appropriate Constructive Steps for Incorporation and Support of Various Components of the University for a Perceptible Performance. An Institution Has to Express Itself Up to the Fullest Possible Height for Commended Recognition. To Achieve Recognition as Centre of Excellence We Have to Demonstrate Our Quality and Distinction in Academics, Research, Innovation and Outreach Programmes. It is Designing Policy and Work Plan to Achieve This. It is a Continuous Progressive Process. Participation and Support of the All the Stakeholders of the University is Essential for Accomplishment. Recently the Process is on to Develop a Comfortable Social Ecosystem in the University to Accelerate Encouraging Work Culture.
Improvement of Teaching and Research Infrastructure is an Incessant Procedure in Gauhati University. Syllabus Updating Process in GU is a Regular Mechanism. The University Has Introduced CBCS With New Syllabus in All Level. University Syllabi Are Contemporary and Need Based. It Has Considerable Research Credentials in Science, Humanities, Literature, Social Science and Other Interdisciplinary Areas. GU Has Created Significant Amount of Contemporary Scientific Research Infrastructure and It is Taking Various Measures to Accelerate the Process. New Initiatives Are Being Implemented to Step Up and Encourage Meaningful Research in Humanities and Social Science.
The University Encourage Sports and Other Extracurricular Activities Among Students. It Has Several Defined Open Programs Like College Week, University Week and Youth Festival. Sports Facilities Are Being Created in the University and in the Affiliated Colleges. It Has a Separate Directorate to Identify Sport Opportunities and to Promote Sport Activities. The University is Open to Accept Suggestion and Guidance From the Experts and Philanthropists.
In Today’s Time, Students From All Corners of India Come Here for the Purpose of Getting Education and Take Admission in Various Courses of the University, Which is an Example of Solid Education System of This University. As a Result of These Efforts, This University Has Received Different Awards. It Has Received Grade “a” by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council, Which is an Example of the Success of This University. Apart From this, It is Recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and Approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Gauhati University is Also a Member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
Gauhati University Admission Process 2023
Gauhati University Invites the Applications For Its Various Courses For 2023 Batch. The Online Application Form of the University Will Be Live on the Admission Portal of GU Official Website on 5 August 2023, the Admission Process Will Be Fully through Online Mode Including Payment of Application Fees. The University Conduct the Admissions Process on the Basis of Merit in the Qualifying Examination. Apart From this the University Reserved 80% Seats in Traditional Programmes For the Students Who Comes From Assam and The Other 20% Seats Offered for Others.
Gauhati University Conducts Entrance Tests for Admission in Its Various Courses For 2023 Batch and Candidates Can Apply in the Entrance Test By Filling the Online Application Form of the University. Admission in Most Undergraduate and Post Graduate Courses of the University is Based on Entrance Test, This Entrance Exam is of Two Hours Duration and 100 Marks. In This, Descriptive Questions and MCQs Type Questions Are Asked, Students Can Take Admission in the Courses of This University Only After Passing This Exam.
Simple Steps For Filling the Online Application Form of Gauhati University
- First of All, Visit the Following Link For Filling the Online Application Form that is https://admissions.guportal.in/.
- Now Choose In Which Course If You Want to Apply From the “List of Online Application Forms“ and then Click on that Course.
- After that Click on the “Click Here For New Applicants“ Link and Then You Have to Fill Some Common Details Like Applicant Name, DOB, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Nationality, Religion, Gender, Mobile Number and Email ID For Registration.
- After Registering Yourself For Online Application Form, Now Click on the “Candidate Login“ to Filling the Online Application Form.
- Now Login With Your User ID and Password and then Fill the CapTcha and then Click on the “Login“ Button. (After Registering Your Mobile Number and Email ID, You Will Get Your User ID By Mail or SMS.)
- After that Fill the Online Application Form With Required Details and then You Have to Upload Some Required Scanned Documents Like Recent Photograph, Scanned Signature, Bank Passbook (Greater Than 100 KB, File Type JPEG, BMP and PNG) and Acknowledgement Against Registration For DHE Unique ID (Greater Than 100 KB, File Type PDF).
- Now Choose Course (In Which Course Candidates Want to Get Admission) and College After Uploading the Documents.
- After All the Process Review Your Application Form and then Click on the “Submit and Make Payment“.
- Now Make Payment By Debit/Credit or Net Banking For the GU Online Application Form.
- After that The Candidates Have to Download the Application Form and the Payment Receipt for Further Reference.
- Opening of On-line Admission Form – From 5th August, 2023
- Opening of Window for Feeding Marks of Qualifying Examination in the on-line Form – To Be Notified Later
- Date of Publishing the Selection List – To Be Notified Later
- Date of Admission – To Be Notified Later
Reservation of Seats For Admission 2023
- Scheduled Caste: 7%
- University Ex-employees: 5 Seats
- Scheduled Tribes (Plains): 10%
- Ex- Defense: as Per EC Resolution
- Scheduled Tribes (Hill): 5%
- Extra Curricular: 1 Seat in Each Department.
- OBC & MOBC: 15%
- NCC & NSS: 5 Seats.
- Differently Abled: 3% (for Each Discipline of Faculty)
- Sons and Daughters of Permanent University Employees: 1 Seat in Each Dept With Intake Capacity 40 or Less and 2 Seats When the Intake is More Than 40 Students.
- Fringe Village: 10 Seats
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS): 10% Reservation From Unreserved Category in Each Subject.
- Moran Community of Assam: 2 Seats.
Courses List of Gauhati University
Please Visit the University’s Official Website for Further Information. The University Often Modifies Its Fees, Admission Deadline, and Other Details to Meet Changing Needs. So, Kindly Visit the University Website. We Work Hard to Provide You With the Best and Most Up-to-date Information, but if You Find Anything Incorrect on This Page, Do Let Us Know. We Try to Provide the Right Information on the Page, However, We Are Not the Official Source. Therefore We Can’t Be Held Accountable if You Find Anything Incorrect. So, Kindly Visit the University’s Website From Time to Time for Accurate Information.