The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is a renowned research university in India. It was established on May 27, 1909, through the efforts of Jamsetji Nusrawanji Tata, who envisioned the creation of such an institution. The government of India facilitated its establishment by providing 371 acres of land donated by the Mysore Darbar. IISc is also known as the Tata Institute and is affiliated with the Australian Catholic University (ACU) and the University Grants Commission (UGC). It is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
The university has been accredited with an “A” grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) for its exceptional education system. According to the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) University Rankings, IISc is ranked as the top university in India. What sets IISc apart is its unique blend of Indian culture in its education system. It holds a distinguished position among Indian universities, and its commitment to excellence has earned it a stellar reputation.
Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Admission 2023 Latest News and Updates:
Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Key Highlights:
Some of the key highlights of Tamil Nadu Open University are:
|University Official Name||Indian Institute of Science (भारतीय विज्ञान संस्थान)|
|Short Name of the University||IISc|
|University Type||Deemed University|
|Affiliated by||University Grants Commission (UGC), ACU, NAAC, AIU|
|Founded Date||May 27, 1909|
|Admission Procedure||Entrance Based|
|Fees Payment||Cash/DD/Debit Card/Credit Card|
|Official Website Link||Click Here|
Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Admission Process 2023:
Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is inviting applications for admission to its various courses for the 2023 batch. The application process is conducted online, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply before the specified last dates. For undergraduate (UG) programs, the last date is 31st May 2023, while for postgraduate (PG) programs, the last date is 10th April 2023.
IISc offers UG, PG, and doctoral programs, and the admission process is based on a combination of entrance tests and interviews. The entrance tests considered for admission include KVPY, IIT JEE, GATE, JEST, GMAT, NEET, JAM, JEST, CEED, and CAT. It’s important to note that different programs may have specific entrance test requirements.
For UG admissions, IISc offers a four-year Bachelor of Science (Research) program for the 2023 batch. Eligible students can apply for this course through the official university website using the online mode. The selection process for UG programs is based on the rank obtained in the entrance test.
Similarly, for PG and Ph.D. admissions, IISc considers both the entrance test and an interview. Candidates need to perform well in the entrance test and subsequently qualify for the interview to secure admission to the desired program.
It is recommended to carefully read and understand the entire article to get a comprehensive understanding of the admission process at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc).
Steps For Filling the IISc Online Application Form For the 2023 Batch:
Here are the steps to fill out the online application form for the Indian Institute of Science for the 2023 batch:
- Visit the online admission link: “https://iisc.ac.in/admissions/” (This link will take you to the online application portal for the University’s UG and PG programs for the 2023 batch).
- On the online admission page, click on either “Apply to UG Programme” or “Apply to PG Programme” based on the program you are interested in.
- Register yourself by providing some basic details such as your name, date of birth (DOB), password, and a security answer.
- After successfully registering, log in to the application portal using your email ID/application number and password.
- Fill out the complete online application form, providing all the necessary details as requested.
- Upload the required documents and supporting materials as specified in the application form. This may include educational certificates, identification proof, passport-sized photographs, etc.
- Once you have filled in all the required information and uploaded the necessary documents, review the application form to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Proceed to pay the online application fee using one of the available payment options such as net banking, Visa Card/Master Card, or debit/credit cards. Follow the instructions provided to complete the payment process.
- After the payment is successfully processed, you will receive a confirmation of your application submission. It is recommended to take a printout or save a digital copy of the confirmation for future reference.
Note: Make sure to carefully read and follow all the instructions provided on the application portal to ensure a smooth and successful application process.
Reservations For IISc Admission 2023:
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore indeed has a reservation policy. It extends reservations to the following categories:
- Scheduled Castes (SC)
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) – Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)
- Persons with Disability (PwD)
- Kashmiri Migrants (KM)
- Kashmiri Pandits/Kashmiri Hindu Families (Non Migrants) residing in the Kashmir valley
The reservation percentages for each category are as follows:
- SC: 15%
- ST: 7.5%
- OBC-NCL: 27%
- EWS: 10%
- PwD: 5%
- KM: 3%
- Kashmiri Pandits/Kashmiri Hindu Families (Non-Migrants): 3%
In total, reservations account for 60% of the available seats, while the remaining 40% are open to all applicants, regardless of their caste, tribe, or economic status. This reservation policy applies to all undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs offered by IISc Bangalore. To be eligible for reservation, candidates must possess the necessary caste/tribe/EWS/PH certificate and submit it along with their application form.
Note: This policy is a crucial component of the Indian government’s affirmative action program, designed to ensure equal opportunities for all citizens, irrespective of their caste, tribe, or economic background.
Important Documents For IISc Admission 2023:
Please ensure the following documents and items are prepared and submitted:
- A fully completed and signed online application form.
- Scanned copies of all academic certificates and transcripts starting from the 10th standard onwards.
- Scanned copies of any relevant entrance test scores, such as GATE or JEE Main.
- Self-attested copies of caste/tribe/EWS/PH certificates, if applicable.
- Two recent passport-size photographs.
- Proof of payment for the application fee, either in the form of a demand draft or bank transfer receipt.
Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Online Application Fees 2023:
- For the UG Programme, the application fee is Rs. 500/- for GN/EWS/OBC/KM candidates and Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PwD categories.
- For the PG Programme, the application fee is Rs. 800/- for GN/EWS/OBC/KM candidates and Rs. 400/- for SC/ST/PwD categories. ERP candidates (all categories) need to pay Rs. 2000/-.
Important Dates for IISc Admission 2023:
- For UG and PG Programmes, the online application form will be available from 15th March 2023.
- The last date for online submission is 20th June 2023 for the UG Programs and PG Programs.
Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Courses List 2023 With Eligibility:
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is a premier research institution in India located in Bengaluru. It offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in science, engineering, design, and management. Certainly! Below is a table listing some popular courses offered at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) in Bangalore, along with their eligibility criteria. It is always recommended to refer to the official IISc website for the most up-to-date information.
|Bachelor of Science (Research) (BS)||Class 12 or equivalent with PCM/PCB/PCMB and KVPY/JEE Main/NEET score|
|Bachelor of Design (B.Des.)||Class 12 or equivalent with PCM/PCB|
|Master of Technology (M.Tech.)||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent|
|Integrated Ph.D. (I-Ph.D.)||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Science|
|Master of Design (M.Des.)||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Design/Architecture|
|Master of Management (M.Mgt.)||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline|
|Research Programs (Ph.D./M.Sc.(Engg.))||Master’s degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent|
|Postgraduate Research Programs (Ph.D.)||Master’s degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent|
|Postgraduate Research Programs (Integrated Ph.D.)||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Science|
Note: Please be aware that the eligibility criteria may differ slightly for various specializations within each program. We recommend visiting the official website of IISc or contacting the institute directly for more precise and current information regarding the eligibility requirements for each course. For comprehensive details, please visit the university’s website.
IISc Admission 2023 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1) When is the in-person counseling session for the Four-year Bachelor of Science (Research) program for KVPY SA/SA-E and JEE(Main) Mode of Entry candidates?
- Ans) The counseling session is scheduled for June 20, 2023, at 09:30 AM in the Faculty Hall at IISc Main Building. Selected candidates can download the offer letter from the admission portal.
2) When does the academic session for the Four-Year Bachelor of Science(Research) and P. G. / Ph. D. Programmes for the Academic Year 2023-24 begin?
- Ans) The academic session for these programs starts in August 2023.
3) When is the last date for online submission of applications for Sponsored M Tech/ M Des Programmes and P. G. / Ph. D. Programmes for the Academic Year 2023-24?
- Ans) The last date for online submission of applications for Sponsored M Tech/ M Des Programmes is extended till April 6, 2023. The last date for online submission of applications for P. G. / Ph. D. Programmes is extended till March 26, 2023.
4) What is the IISER Aptitude Test, and how can I apply for the Four-Year Bachelor of Science (Research) program using this mode of entry for the Academic Year 2023-24?
- Ans) The IISER Aptitude Test is a new mode of entry. Candidates must apply separately at both the IISc admission portal and the IISER admissions 2023 portal.
5) What should JEST candidates who have not updated their results do if they’ve qualified for specific Research programs?
- Ans) Candidates can attend interviews for various Research programs on May 22nd or 23rd, 2023 (Physics/Astronomy & Astrophysics/High Energy Physics/Molecular Biophysics/Inorganic and Physical Chemistry/Solid State and Structural Chemistry) and on May 30th, 2023, for Int. Phd. (Physical Science). Bring your online application form, JEST result scorecard, and academic certificates.
6) What should JEST Theoretical Computer Science candidates do if they’ve qualified for the Research program (CDS/CSA)?
- Ans) Qualified candidates should attend interviews on May 22nd or 23rd, 2023. Bring a printout of the online application form, JEST result scorecard, and relevant academic certificates.
7) What are the scholarships available for students at IISc Bangalore?
- Ans) IISc Bangalore offers a variety of scholarships to students. These scholarships are based on merit, financial need, and other factors.
I trust that this article has provided valuable information to you. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the IISc admission process, application, or any other inquiries, please fill out the query form below, and we will promptly respond to your queries.