Jadavpur University has opened applications for the B.Ed. Course for the academic year 2023-2024. Eligibility criteria vary by category, with General (Fresher) candidates requiring a minimum of 50% marks. Freshers should be under 35 years old, while Deputed candidates have no age restrictions. To learn all about the Jadavpur University B.Ed. Course, read the full article.
Jadavpur University B.Ed. Admission Process 2023:
Jadavpur University, a prestigious institution located in Kolkata, West Bengal, is now accepting applications for its B.Ed. Course for the academic year 2023-2024. If you aspire to become an educator and are considering pursuing a B.Ed. degree at this renowned university, it’s crucial to acquaint yourself with the eligibility criteria, selection process, and important dates. In this article, we will provide you with all the essential information you need to know about Jadavpur University’s B.Ed. Admission for 2023.
Jadavpur University B.Ed. Eligibility Requirements 2023:
To be considered for admission to the B.Ed. course at Jadavpur University, candidates must meet specific eligibility criteria, which are outlined as follows:
- Minimum Marks: For General (Fresher) candidates, a minimum of 50% marks in their undergraduate or postgraduate program (Honours graduate/Master’s degree) is required. The same percentage applies to General (Deputed) candidates.
- SC/ST/PD (Fresher): SC/ST/PD candidates need a minimum of 40% marks in their undergraduate or postgraduate program (Honours graduate/Master’s degree).
- OBC-A/OBC-B (Fresher): OBC-A/OBC-B candidates must have a minimum of 45% marks in their undergraduate or postgraduate program (Honours graduate/Master’s degree).
- Age Limit: Freshers should be under 35 years of age as of 15th September 2023. However, there is no age restriction for Deputed candidates.
- Deputed Teachers: Teachers appointed before the Second Amendment Regulation of 2010 by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) are eligible under the Deputed category. They must produce the appointment letter and a No Objection Certificate from their school’s Managing Committee. Only teachers teaching in classes V to XII are eligible under this category.
- PD Category: Persons with 40% or more disability are considered under the PD category as per the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPD) Act, 2016.
- Reserve Quota: SC/ST candidates from states other than West Bengal can avail of the reserved quota benefits if they have a domicile certificate proving 10 years of residency in West Bengal. The same applies to OBC-A and OBC-B candidates from other states.
Jadavpur University B.Ed. Selection Process 2023:
The selection process for B.Ed. admission at Jadavpur University is merit-based, determined using the following criteria:
- Secondary or Equivalent: The percentage of marks obtained in secondary or equivalent exams is multiplied by 0.1.
- Higher Secondary or Equivalent: The percentage of marks obtained in higher secondary or equivalent exams (excluding Environmental Studies/Environmental Education) is multiplied by 0.2.
- Honours Graduates (Non-CBCS System): The aggregate of marks obtained in Honours papers is multiplied by 0.3.
- Honours Graduates (CBCS System): The aggregate of marks obtained in Core papers and DSE papers is multiplied by 0.3.
- Post Graduate: The aggregate marks obtained in all papers at the postgraduate level are multiplied by 0.4.
For Deputed candidates, selection is based on the number of years of uninterrupted approved service in government or government-aided schools as of 15th September 2023.
Key Dates and Contact Information:
The deadline for submitting online applications is 15th September 2023. If you require assistance with the online application process, you can reach out for help by calling 033 2457-2219 during regular working hours (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays).
It’s essential to note that Jadavpur University will not assume responsibility for any inaccuracies or errors in the information provided by applicants. Such discrepancies may result in the cancellation of the application, counseling, or admission.
Jadavpur University maintains a strict anti-ragging policy. Students are obligated to promptly report any instances of ragging, whether in the university’s hostels or on its campus, to the Dean of Students. Should a case of ragging be substantiated, the responsible student may face expulsion from the university.
Jadavpur University’s B.Ed. Admission 2023 presents a significant opportunity for aspiring educators to pursue advanced education and elevate their teaching careers. Before applying, carefully review the eligibility criteria, selection procedures, and crucial dates to ensure a seamless application process. Committed to academic excellence and fostering a safe learning environment, Jadavpur University stands as a reputable institution dedicated to nurturing future educators. You can visit the university’s official website for more information at “https://jadavpuruniversity.in/“.