Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur was started as a College of Engineering, Anantapur in Guindy, Madras in the year 1946 and its location was changed in the year 1948. In the early days, the college was affiliated with the University of Madras in 1946–55 and Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati in 1955–72. JNT University was established in the year 1972 by an Act of the State Legislature at Hyderabad and thus JNTU started and the College of Engineering, Anantapur took the form of the University. Thereafter JNTU was divided into three universities in the year 2008 which are as follows: JNTU Anantapur, JNTU, Hyderabad, and JNTU, Kakinada, Etc.
JNTU has Many Affiliated Colleges in Which Oil Technological Research Institute (OTRI) Anantapur was established in the year 1949 but it was working under the university since 1st April 1985, Also JNTUA College of Engineering, Pulivendula was established on 25th December 2005, and JNTUA College of Engineering, Kalikiri was established in the year 2013. Later OTRI was renamed as Oil Technology and Pharmaceutical Research Institute (OTPRI). Apart from these four institutes, JNTUA has 98 engineering colleges, 33 pharmacy colleges, and 29 stand-alone MBA/MCA-affiliated colleges. The university is especially known for its technology. The university offers some undergraduate and postgraduate courses which are as follows: B.Tech., M.Tech., B.Pharmacy, M.Pharmacy, MBA, MCA, Ph.D., etc. Its expansion area is 300 acres, in which all facilities are available.
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur Admission Process 2023
- To take admission to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur, one has to visit the official website of the university which is “https://www.jntua.ac.in/“.
- One should proceed by following the given notifications and guidelines.
- Click on the Admission option in the academic section given on the homepage of the website.
- In the next tab, check all the course names and details carefully, understand, then click on the course you are interested to take admission in and get all the details.
- After that download the application form from the website and fill it out carefully.
- Then it should be submitted before the given last date.
- Take a printout of the application form and keep it with you for future reference.