Plagiarism checking is crucial to avoid copyright issues and project rejections in academic writing. The students must ensure that their content is plagiarism-free before submitting essays, scholarly papers, thesis, and other research works. Read this article to find the best plagiarism checker tools to avoid duplication in academic writing.
In this advanced age, checking your written work’s duplication is very easy. AI has made it possible to identify the copied content, improve the quality, and reduce the similarity with the original content within seconds.
Most importantly, we have a wide range of plagiarism checker tools that use edge-cutting AI algorithms to scan content and compare it with published data on the internet. These tools are incredibly effective in ensuring content uniqueness and study detecting plagiarism in academic writing.
Importance of Plagiarism Checkers
In academic writing, plagiarism checkers are essential to check the duplication of the content. These tools are highly useful for students, teachers, and researchers because no academic assignment can be accepted if it contains copied data.
Let’s discuss how plagiarism checking tools prove useful in academic writing. In simple words, you need to use an effective plagiarism checker because it takes only a few seconds to:
- Detect copied and duplicate statements
- Indicate the sources from where the content is copied
- Generate a report plagiarism-free which students can attach with their assignments
- Include citations and a list of references as required
Factors to Choose the Best Plagiarism Checker
You should consider various factors while choosing the best tool for plagiarism checking in academic writing. Or else, you won’t be able to get accurate results. There are many tools that claim to check plagiarism with accuracy and efficiency but only a few of them work effectively. Therefore, you need to be cautious.
Take into account that the following factors should be considered when choosing a plagiarism checker:
- User Interface (provide good user experience)
- Running speed (should be efficient enough to check plagiarism in seconds)
- Accuracy (must check all the content with high-level precision)
- Privacy and security (automatically deletes your content from their server after checking)
- Popularity and ratings (well-reviewed by worldwide users)
- Affordability (high price does not mean high quality; choose carefully)
Top 5 Plagiarism Checkers for Academic Writing
Whatever you write for academic assignments must be 100% unique and not copied. Indeed, duplicate content is not acceptable in academic writing in any way.
Many online platforms and tools are available to check the duplication of content but here we will discuss the top 5 best plagiarism checkers for academic writing:
Prepostseo is a platform that offers a highly-functional plagiarism checker to detect copied content. It has an advanced algorithm that detects plagiarized content and finds the copied content. After detecting plagiarism, it provides links to the sources as well.
Its plagiarism checker effectively detects all types of plagiarized content including accidental, incremental, and patchwork.
It has a simple interface that enables the students to upload the file and check the plagiarism of the content with ease. Its extensive plagiarism report includes:
- Percentage of plagiarized and unique content
- Paraphrase sources, percentage, and exact match paraphrase
- Readability of document and word count
Here are some of the noteworthy features of Prepostseo’s Plagiarism Checker:
- Conducts deep web searches to find duplicate content
- Shows plagiarized content with underlining and provide the source
- Supports various kinds of file formats (doc, docx, pdf, txt) to upload even from local storage
- Checks 1000 words in one attempt for free
- Offers Google Chrome extension to check duplication of content
- Ensure the privacy of content; never save any document
- Enables to download the report in HTML or PDF format
- Allows to make the content unique by using the paraphrase option
- Offers multiple language support
- Android App and IOS App are available for mobiles to check for plagiarism
Check plagiarism is one of the best plagiarism checker for students, teachers, and writers to ensure uniqueness. This tool is widely used to detect plagiarism in academic writing.
To check the content, it first parses the content into sentences and then checks the sentences. Plagiarized content is shown in red and unique content is shown in green.
You should use Check Plagiarism to detect duplication in academic writings because works effectively to:
- Check 2000 words per search in the free version
- Ensure 100% safety and privacy
- Supports multiple document types including doc, docx, txt, and pdf
- Allows to add suggested citations in any format
Indeed, Check Plagiarism is designed to provide faster and more accurate plagiarism reports.
When you are asked to check plagiarism in universities or schools, they point out to check with Turnitin. It is a software solution for the schools, sold from a business to a business, and individuals who work cannot check their work.
Turnitin scans any assignment a student submits to the teacher on a portal. Students can take the access by submitting a form to their teacher to check their content. If the teacher allows the student to check the duplication, the students can proceed.
Turnitin offers more than just plagiarism checking, it takes only a few seconds to:
- Highlight ten different types of plagiarism-based findings
- Track the source links to check from where the text is copied
- Provides a percentage score, similarity index, and a report of its findings
- Use a comprehensive and proprietary scoring system for each piece of content it scans
Indeed, it provides the teachers with in-depth insights to analyze the academic assignments. So, here is a tip for students: if your institute or your teacher is using Turnitin, then it’s better to check your assignment from any other effective plagiarism checker as well.
Publishing duplicate content can cause damage to your academic reputation. So, here is another plagiarism checker that can help you find the duplication in your content.
Copyscape is a widely-used plagiarism checker as it is free and easy to access. The majority of the writers, researchers, and students have been using it for the past few years. It is surprisingly accurate and fast.
It requires only the URL or the document file to check for plagiarism. You can use any of these options to find out whether your writings are unique or plagiarized.
Copyscape can be a useful tool to check plagiarism in academic writings because it:
- Detects plagiarism within a few seconds
- Tracks the citation sources
- Offers a comparison feature to cross-check documents
- Checks 10,000 pages in one attempt
- Allows the users to filter out the results from other sites
Plagiarisma.net is a very effective and easy-to-use tool. It is free and also available for android devices.
It is a multi-purpose plagiarism checker which detects plagiarism with 100% accuracy. Many students, teachers, writers, and members of the literary industry use this efficient tool to find out whether their writings are unique or not.
You need to use Plagiarisma because it:
- Doesn’t require a premium subscription
- Checks plagiarism 5x faster
- Specifically detects mosaic plagiarism
- Supports all commonly used file formats
- Enables to check content via URL
- Gives direct access to article rewriter
- Available as Firefox, Chrome, and Moodle extensions
- Accessible in 190+ languages
Plagiarism.net lets you get started for free. All you are required to do is sign up and there you go with unlimited access to the most advanced plagiarism detector.
To get error-free content in academic writing, plagiarism checkers help a lot. They make it easy to check the duplication of the content and also suggest the citation. Students, teachers, and many other literary members can use these plagiarism checkers to make their content unique by applying them effectively.