Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) is a Very Popular Agricultural University in India, Which Was Established in 1962. The University Was Inaugurated by the First Prime Minister of India, Shri Jawaharlal Nehru on 8 July 1963 in the Presence of the Then Chief Minister of Punjab, Mr. S. Partap Singh Kairon. This University Has Been Known for Its Excellent Education System From the Beginning, This University Was Appointed as the Best Agricultural University in India in 1995, Which Shows One of Its Outstanding Results in Its Field of Agriculture. In the Ranking of National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2019, This Universities Got 51st Place Overall in the Indian Universities.
Punjab Agricultural University is Spread Over an Area of 494 Hectares With an Off-campus Area of approximately 1793 Hectares in the City of Ludhiana (Punjab State) in Northwest India. The University is Recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and Approved by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). Today, the University Offers 11 Under-graduate Programs as Well as 43 Master’s and 29 Ph.D. Programs.
Apart From This the Punjab Agricultural University Now Has Four Constituent Colleges Which Are College of Agriculture, College of Home Science, College of Basic Science & Humanities and College of Agricultural Engineering and Technology Respectively. This University is One of the Oldest Agricultural Universities in India, It is the Third Oldest Agricultural University in India After Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology and Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology. If You Want to Make Your Life in Agriculture, Then This University of Punjab is Best for You.
Punjab Agricultural University Admission Process 2023
Punjab Agricultural University Invites the Applications Form For Admission into Its Various UG, PG and Research Programs For the 2023 Batch. This University Conducts Various Entrance Tests to Provide Admission to Qualified and Needy Candidates in Its Bachelor and Master Courses for the 2023 Batch, Under Which It Takes Admission in Its Master Course Through Master Entrance Examination (MET). The University Conducts AAT (Agriculture Aptitude Test) for Its 10th Level Courses and Also Conducts CET (Common Entrance Test) for Taking Admission in 12th Level Courses. The University Takes Admission in Its Courses Only Through These Entrance Exams. Therefore, to Apply for These Entrance Exams, Students Will Have to Fill the Online Application Form of the University Through Online Medium, Whose Method of Filling is Given Below.
Simple Steps For Filling the Online Application Form of Punjab Agricultural University
- First of All, Visit the PAU Official Website For Filling the Online Application Form Or Visit the Following Link For Direct Admission Page of the University that is http://www.pau-apms.in/.
- The Candidates Have to Click on the “PAU Admission, 2023 Online Entrance Test Application Form“ After Visiting the PAU Website.
- Now Apply For the Online Application Form and Register Yourself For the Filling the Form With Required Details Including a Valid Email ID.
- Candidates Will Receive a Confirmation Link on Their Provided Mail ID, So Now Click on the Confirmation Link and then Login Yourself by Entering Verify Email ID and Date of Birth.
- Now Fill the Complete Form and After that Download and Print the Form For the Future Reference.
- After that Upload the Recent Passport Size Color Photograph and Scanned Copy of Signature (Black/blue) With Size Up to 50 KB in JPG/JPEG Format.
- Now Pay the Fees through Online Mode (Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking) or Through Challan.
Note: – Kindly Visit the the University Campus For Offline Admission, Where Candidates Can Obtained the Application Form From the Additional Director of Communication, Communication Centre, PAU, Ludhiana–141 004 (Near University Gate Number 1) By Cash Payment of Rs, 2120 at the Counter or by Post by Sending Bank Draft of Rs. 2260/- in Favour of Additional Director of Communication, Payable at Ludhiana. Kindly Visit the PAU Website For More Details About Admission Process.
PAU Entrance Test Fee through Online Mode
|Prospectus Price (Per Copy||At the Counter||Rs. 2120|
|By Post||Rs. 2260|
|Entrance Test Fee||for each Entrance Test||Rs. 4200|
|(for Additional Option in MET-Agri. & MET Community Science)||+Rs. 610|
PAU Entrance Test Fee through Offline Mode
- PAU Each Entrance Test Fees – Rs. 4620 ( Rs. 610 for Additional Option in MET-Agri & MET – Community Science) in Addition to Cost of the Prospectus (Rs. 2120 at the Counter or Rs. 2260 by Post)
Last Dates For Admission in Some Courses of PAU
- UG Courses including 5 Years Integrated M.Sc. (Hons) Programme – 07 August 2023 With Rs. 1000 Late Fees
- MET – MCA (3 Years), MCA (Lateral entry) – 31 July 2023 With Rs. 1000 Late Fees
- Programmes Having Entrance Test – 31 July 2023 With Rs. 1000 Late Fees
Important Dates of PAU Entrance Test
|Name of Entrance Test||Date of Entrance Test|
|MET – Agribusiness||19 August 2023|
|MET – Agriculture||22 August 2023|
|MET – Basic Sciences||19 August 2023|
|MET – Community Science||25 August 2023|
|MET – AE (Agricultural Engineering)||25 August 2023|
|MET – Biotech||25 August 2023|
|MET – Chemistry||27 August 2023|
|MET – MBA||27 August 2023|
|MET – Journalism||29 August 2023|
|AAT (Agriculture Aptitude Test-After 10th)||31 August 2023|
|CET (Common Entrance Test – After 12th)||15 September 2023|
Seats Reservation in PAU Courses
- Punjab or Union Territory of Chandigarh – 85% Seats of the PAU UG, PG, MBA-Agri Business and Diploma Programmes (Except MBA Courses)
- Others States – 15% Seats of PAU Courses
Courses List of Punjab Agricultural University
Please Visit the University’s Official Website for Further Information. The University Often Modifies Its Fees, Admission Deadline, and Other Details to Meet Changing Needs. So, Kindly Visit the University Website. We Work Hard to Provide You With the Best and Most Up-to-date Information, but if You Find Anything Incorrect on This Page, Do Let Us Know. We Try to Provide the Right Information on the Page, However, We Are Not the Official Source. Therefore We Can’t Be Held Accountable if You Find Anything Incorrect. So, Kindly Visit the University’s Website From Time to Time for Accurate Information.