The University of Kashmir is One of the State Universities of India, Which Was Established in 1948 as the University of Jammu and Kashmir, but in the Year 1969, the University of Jammu and Kashmir Was Divided Into Two Complete Universities by the Government of India Which Are Kashmir University in Srinagar and Jammu University in Jammu Respectively. It is Recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and It is Also the Member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The University Offers the Regular Education as Well as Distance Education, Its Distance Learning Courses is Offered through Directorate of Distance Education, University of Kashmir that is Also Known as University of Kashmir Distance Education.
University of Kashmir Situated on the Banks of World Famous Dal Lake, is One of the Oldest and Fastest Growing Universities Which Has Gained Momentum in the Recent Past by Achieving Excellent Rankings Viz., QS BRICS 2019, Rank 51; NIRF 2019, Rank 51 and above all it is now NAAC Accredited A+ University. It Has Been Possible by the Hard Work and Dedication of the University Faculty , Students and Non Teaching Staff. The University Strongly Focuses on Access, Equity, Quality, Affordability, Accountability, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. It is Committed to Improve the Quality of Education to Achieve Excellence in the Global Scenario Through Impressive and High Quality Research and Education.
The University Offers Around 51 Programs to the Students Under Choice Based Credit System Scheme Through Ten Schools of Studies. The Choice Base Credit System Enables the Student to Select the Courses Among the Subjects From Different Schools. It is One of the Preferred Universities Which is Evident From the Fact That It Received Almost 36000 Admission Forms During the Year 2018. Many Foreign Nationals Are Also Applying for Different Courses Through ICCR. During Previous Year as Many as 41 Students Applied for the Admission to Various Courses.
The University of Kashmir Hasn’t Only Excelled in the Field of Academics but in the Field of Research as Well With World Class Publications, Patents Filed and Impressive H- Index. Much of the Research Conducted at the University is of an Interdisciplinary Nature and Because of University Interdisciplinary Collaborations Across, Broad Disciplinary Range and State of Art Research Facilities; We Are Well-equipped to Tackle Complex National and Global Challenges. The University is a Place Full of Possibilities, Promise and People Determined to Make a Difference. You Shall Be Part of Something Bigger Here and When You Leave, You Will Be Ready to Change the World.
University of Kashmir Ranked Recently as A+ Grade is the Fastest Growing University in the Northern Part of India With Picturesque Beauty in the Lap of Valley Along the Banks of the Dal Lake. Every Year the Process of the Admission Lets in the Sharpest Minds Through the Process of Selection Through the Entrance Examination in Post Graduate and Some Professional Undergraduate Courses.
University of Kashmir Offers Admission in as Many as 51 Courses Comprising the Professional, Non-professional, Skill Development Courses and Even Music and Fine Arts. The Directorate of the Admissions and Competitive Examinations is Committed to the Fair Selection in Every Possible Transparent Manner. This University Campus, Along With All Its Satellite Campuses, Embarks on a Journey to Build a Remarkable Rapport Across the Globe. The University is Spread Over 247 Acres of Land in Total and Its Main Campus is Divided Into Three Parts, Namely, Hazratbal Campus, Nasim Bagh Campus and Mirza Bagh Campus.
University of Kashmir Admission Process 2020
University of Kashmir Invites the Applications Process For Its Various Courses Like Arts, Languages and Literature, Medicine, Law, Dentistry, Biological Sciences, Social Sciences, Physical & Mathematical Sciences, Business Studies, Education & Behavioural Sciences, Earth & Environmental Sciences, Unani & Ayurvedic Medicine, Applied Sciences & Technology and Engineering For the 2020 Batch through Its Online Admission Process. The Kashmir University Gives Admission in Its Courses on the Basis of Entrance Exam, for Which Students Have to Fill the Online Application Form of the University. Students Are Requested That in Any Course in Which They Want to Take Admission, Please First Check the Eligibility of That Course, Only Then Fill the University Application Form. Check the Below Instructions For Filling the University Online Application Form For the 2020 Batch.
Simple Steps For Filling the Online Application Form of University of Kashmir
- First of All, Visit the University Official Website or Following Link For Filling the Online Admission Form that is https://www.kashmiruniversity.net/.
- Now Click on the “Admissions 2020“ Link After Visiting the University Official Website.
- After Clicking on the “Admissions 2020“ Link, Now The Candidates Need to Register Their-self by Clicking on the “Register as Student“ Link.
- Now Candidate Will Have to Fill Some Common Details For Registration, After that You Need to Login by Entering Your Registration Number and then Click on the “Next“ Button. (Candidate Will Receive the their Registration Number After Verifying their Phone and Email ID.)
- After Log-in, Fill Your Online Application Form With Required Details and then Upload Your Latest Passport Size Photograph and then Click on “Next“ Button.
- The Students Have to Check All the Details of their Application Form Before Submitting It and Take a Printout of Your Application Form and Note the Form No. For Future Reference.
- Now The Candidates Have to Pay the Non-refundable Application Fee of Rs. 250/- (Including Rs. 150 as IT Fee) and Entrance Test Fee of Rs. 500 Through Online Mode By Net Banking, Debit or Credit Card.
Entrance Test Required For Admission in University of Kashmir Courses
- B.Tech – JEE (Main) (Paper I)
- IMBA (BBA-MBA) – UGAT
- M.Pharm – GPAT/Entrance (if need arises)
- MBA/MBA (Financial Management)/ MCME – CMAT
- M.Tech. – GATE/Entrance (if need arises)
- Starting the On Line Application Forms For Various Courses – 21 September 2020
- Last Date For Applying Online – 30 September 2020