The Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) is a highly respected university in India that offers a wide range of Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) programs. If you are interested in pursuing a career in engineering, the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) 2024 is your chance to gain admission to this prestigious institution.
When it comes to pursuing a career in engineering, choosing the right institution for your undergraduate studies is crucial. Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) stands as a testament to quality education, innovation, and a commitment to fostering the next generation of engineers and innovators. VIT is all set to welcome the brightest minds for the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) in 2024. In this article, we will explore the details of VITEEE – 2024, VIT’s legacy, the eligibility criteria, the examination pattern, and everything you need to know to embark on your engineering journey at VIT.
About Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT):
VIT, short for Vellore Institute of Technology, is an institution with a rich history and a commitment to excellence in education. Established in 1984, VIT received the esteemed status of a deemed university in 2001 by the Government of India. Over the past three decades, it has transformed from a modest institution with 180 students to a prominent university with a thriving student body of over 67,000.
VIT’s main campus is situated in Vellore, Tamil Nadu, and it has expanded its reach by opening campuses in Chennai, Amaravati (VIT-AP), and Bhopal (VIT Bhopal). These campuses are not just places of learning; they are eco-friendly, state-of-the-art environments designed to foster growth and innovation. At VIT, the emphasis on quality education, research, and innovation is the driving force behind its success.
VIT Diverse B.Tech Programs 2024:
VIT offers a wide range of B.Tech programs, ensuring that students can choose a specialization that aligns with their passions and career goals. Here’s a list of some of the B.Tech programs offered at VIT:
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (Cyber-Physical Systems)
- B.Tech in Information Technology
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering (Cyber Security & Digital Forensics)
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (Artificial Intelligence and Robotics)
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (Specialization in Robotics)
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
- B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- B.Tech in Biotechnology
- B.Tech in Bioengineering
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering and Business Systems (in collaboration with TCS)
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Business Systems (in collaboration with TCS)
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (Data Science)
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (Internet of Things)
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (Specialization in Data Analytics)
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (Specialization in Embedded Systems)
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (Specialization in VLSI)
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (Blockchain Technology)
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (Specialization in Edge Computing)
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering (Gaming Technology)
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering (Education Technology)
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering (Health Informatics)
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering (Cloud Computing & Automation)
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (Bioinformatics)
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (Information Security)
- B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (Biomedical Engineering)
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (Specialization in Networking and Security)
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning)
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (Artificial Intelligence & Robotics)
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (Automotive Engineering)
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (Electric Vehicles)
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Computer Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical and Computer Science Engineering
- B.Tech in Fashion Technology
- B.Tech in Mechatronics and Automation
- B.Tech in Mechanical (Manufacturing Engineering)
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering (E-Commerce Technology)
- B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering (Artificial Intelligence & Cybernetics)
- B.Tech in Electronics Engineering (VLSI Design and Technology)
This extensive list of programs ensures that there’s a pathway for every aspiring engineer, whether they’re interested in cutting-edge technology like blockchain or want to explore the fascinating world of biomedical engineering.
About Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) 2024:
The Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) is a prestigious exam conducted for admission to undergraduate engineering programs in the VIT group of Institutions. VITEEE 2023 is scheduled to take place between April 17 and 23, 2023 (Tentative) at designated centers across India and abroad. The duration of the examination is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
VITEEE features a comprehensive set of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), where each correct answer earns one mark, and there are no negative marks for wrong answers. The exam comprises a total of 125 questions divided into the following sections:
- Maths/Biology (40 questions)
- Physics (35 questions)
- Chemistry (35 questions)
- Aptitude (10 questions)
- English (5 questions)
The question paper is available in English only, and the cost of the application and subsequent counseling is non-refundable. For a detailed syllabus, candidates can visit the official VITEEE website.
VITEEE Eligibility and Selection Criteria 2024:
To be eligible for the VITEEE 2024, you must be a resident or non-resident Indian national, PIO, or OCI, and you must have completed or be appearing for one of the qualifying examinations in 2024. Let’s know this in detail:
VITEEE welcomes students of diverse nationalities, including:
- Resident and Non-Resident Indian Nationals
- PIO (Person of Indian Origin)
- OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)
NRI applicants can apply directly under the ‘NRI Category’ through the NRI application form, and foreign applicants who have studied or are studying abroad can apply directly through the International application form.
VITEEE Age Limit:
To be eligible for VITEEE 2024, applicants must have a date of birth on or after July 1, 2001. The date of birth recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate is considered authentic. It’s imperative to present this certificate in its original form as proof of age during counseling and admission.
VITEEE Qualifying Examination 2024:
Applicants applying for UG Engineering admission should have either completed or will be appearing in 2024 for any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination is conducted by the State Board, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), and The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi.
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva (with Physics & Mathematics at HL and Chemistry at SL).
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- Regular ‘NIOS’ board candidates are also eligible for Undergraduate Engineering programs.
Applicants who have completed the Class 12 (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above must produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) affirming that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class 12 Examination, with their grade/CGPA converted to a percentage.
Read More – Popular Entrance Exams in India
For Indian nationals, appearing in VITEEE 2024 is mandatory for eligibility for B. Tech. admission. In the event of VITEEE 2024’s cancellation due to natural calamities, qualifying criteria may be substituted with higher secondary marks or JEE-24 or a valid SAT. Applicants will be informed of the specifics of such a case.
VITEEE Qualifying Examination Performance:
Applicants applying for Undergraduate Engineering admission in 2024 should have secured a minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
However, applicants hailing from specific categories, such as SC/ST, and those from Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, and the Northeastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura, need a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate). They must produce a certificate to prove community/nativity during counseling; otherwise, they will not be considered for admission.
VITEEE Subject Eligibility 2024:
The subject combinations attempted in VITEEE 2024 dictate eligibility for specific B.Tech programs. Here are the subject eligibility criteria:
PCMB/PCM Applicants: Those who have attempted Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, and Aptitude in VITEEE 2024 are eligible for all B.Tech Programs.
PCMB/PCB/PCM Applicants with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English, and Aptitude: These applicants are eligible only for the following programs:
- B.Tech. Biotechnology (VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Bioinformatics – VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering (Biomedical Engineering – VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Bioengineering (VIT-Bhopal)
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Specialization in Health Informatics – VIT, Bhopal)
It’s essential to specify the selected subjects (MPCEA / BPCEA) in the application form to ensure the correct program eligibility.
VITEEE Selection Criteria 2024:
The selection process for admission to VIT is based on the rank secured through the Computer-Based Test (CBT) VITEEE 2024. Once the results are out, selected applicants can participate in online counseling based on their ranking. During counseling, they can provide preferences for specific campuses, programs, and categories of fees. The final allotment will depend on the matching of the rank obtained and the available options.
Applicants with a rank up to 1 Lakh are eligible for counseling at both the Vellore and Chennai campuses. It’s important to note that VIT will verify the eligibility of candidates after they complete the tuition fee payment on or before the stipulated date. Candidates must be prepared to produce documents when coming to the campus or as requested by the Office of Admissions. Provisional Admission offered during counseling will be valid ONLY if the eligibility criteria are met. In situations where the eligibility criteria do not apply, the decision of VIT will be final.
VITEEE Important Dates 2023:
To stay on top of the VITEEE 2023 schedule, here are some key dates to remember:
- Last date for Receipt of the Application: March 31, 2023 (Tentative)
- VITEEE: April 17 – 23, 2023
- Result Declaration: 26th April 2023
- Counseling: April 26 to June 14, 2023
VITEEE Exam Pattern 2024:
For your convenience, here’s an overview of the exam pattern for VITEEE 2023:
MPCEA (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English, Aptitude)
- Mathematics: 40 questions
- Physics: 35 questions
- Chemistry: 35 questions
- English: 5 questions
- Aptitude: 10 questions
BPCEA (Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English, Aptitude)
- Biology: 40 questions
- Physics: 35 questions
- Chemistry: 35 questions
- English: 5 questions
- Aptitude: 10 questions
- Exam Duration: 2 hours and 30 minutes
If you have any questions or need further information about VITEEE or VIT, you can contact the Director (UG Admission) at Vellore Institute of Technology. Here are the contact details:
VIT Tamil Nadu Information Centre
Director (UG Admission)
Vellore Institute of Technology
Vellore 632 014, Tamil Nadu, India.
VIT KOTA Information Centre
117, Near Nucleus Coaching,
Old Rajiv Gandhi Nagar,
Kota (Rajasthan) 324005
With an extensive range of programs, a commitment to quality education, and a rigorous selection process, VITEEE offers a fantastic opportunity for aspiring engineers to start their journey toward a successful and fulfilling career. Whether you’re passionate about aerospace engineering, biotechnology, or any other field, VIT provides the right platform to nurture your talents and reach your full potential. Don’t miss the chance to be part of VIT’s legacy of excellence in education; mark your calendars for VITEEE 2023, and embark on a journey that could shape your future.